What is Distance Education?
- 1) retention
- 2) understanding
- 3) actively use newly acquired knowledge and skills.
How do instructors ensure that quality learning takes place in these distance, online environments?
- 1. Develop learning activities that encourage students to work together. “The social construction of knowledge” forms the backbone of meaningful learning experiences.
- 2. Include multidisciplinary real world experiences, like simulations, problem-based learning and case studies.
- 3. Allow student the chance to practice new skills.
- 4. Provide opportunities for students to reflect on their learning throughout the process. Teaching meta-cognition allows students to be more involved in directing their learning.
|from Flickr (Lewis Global PR cc)|